About applying for a permit to buy immovable property
All applicants need to:
- Fill the AIP application form completely.
- Produce a copy of the promise of sale or preliminary agreement of the immovable property being acquired, if entered into.
First-time applicants need to:
- Produce two passport-size photographs of non-resident applicants.
- Produce a photocopy of the passport showing applicant's particulars.
Applicants who already owned Immovable Property need to:
- Produce copy of deed of sale of previous immovable property.
Limited liability companies who apply for a permit need to:
- Produce Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company.
- Give details of shareholding directors.
- Produce evidence showing that the purpose of the company is for the development of the economy of Malta.
When the application is approved, the applicant or mandatory will be informed by a notice. The applicant will then be issued with a permit against a payment of €233. The applicant may then enter into a contractual agreement to buy the immovable property.